Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Not so thankful...

It's now late on Monday night...we get in the door...happy to have not had to set up camp in the wilderness to be raised by wolves. The kids sprint off to the bathroom while I notice a note on the counter from a member of the hotel staff..."Thanks for the tip. Happy Thanksgiving!"....Tip?! Little One had left her money on the counter amongst some school work and my other paperwork as we ran out the door that day. The money was clearly not a tip. A tip would be left: 1. usually at the end of your stay; 2. in an area separate from all other personal belongings on its own; 3. with a note of thanks....at least, this is how I believe the general public does it.

Of course it was Ketchup's money so when she figures out what's going on she starts wailing..."I want it back...she's a mean lady...I want it back!!!" We tried to explain that we would give her money and to not overreact but she was having none of it...there was only tears and rage from that little body, so I called down to the front desk to explain what had happened and they quickly brought up the money along with a box of Smarties to make up for it. Problem solved, right?! Wrong.

Little One then announces "And where's my Thanksgiving craft???" (The one we were supposed to look at over the weekend but didn't). Well, it was gone. I assumed that they cleaning lady took the artwork (why just Little One's and not Eldest's since they were stacked together with all my other stuff and the money that she took, I don't know). So, the next day I ask for it and they tell us that it must have been tossed out as the lady "only remembers a piece of artwork that was in the recycling bin"....yeah, the picture you knocked over into the recycling bin when you made off with our money!!

Later that day, Little One went downstairs to get something with Mr. Incredible and it's common place that whenever someone returns to the room, they knock and say "Housekeeping!" in a really high voice...well, this last time Little One says, "Housekeeping! I'm here to take all your money!!"

She's too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment